Brussel, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest, BelgiumOffice Support
With over 500 lawyers, tax advisers, civil-law notaries and business support staff in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, AKD is a leading Benelux law firm. Our professionals are able to provide high-quality services to their clients because they can rely on the support of about 70 personal assistants. For our Brussels office we have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Personal Assistant who will be working with five colleagues, together supporting about 20 lawyers across a broad range of specialist areas. As part of this team, you will ensure that our lawyers can dedicate themselves fully to providing top-notch legal assistance. Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing deadlines and to-do lists. You know how to prioritise, so all court documents are dispatched in good time;
- Managing a number of calendars and mailboxes. You schedule appointments and meetings, monitor several mailboxes and initiate action if required;
- Opening, preparing and proofreading legal dossiers and correspondence;
- Expertly managing digital and hard-copy files;
- Providing personal organisational support. This includes preparing, processing and sending out invoices, tracking post-academic training credits, etc.;
- Receiving clients, proffering high-end hospitality, and ensuring superior preparation, support and conduct of meetings;
- Organising online and offline events for clients.
- Working in a team of six personal assistants - whom we at AKD call ‘Practice Group Assistants’, by the way - you will provide organisational and administrative support to our entire Brussels office.
What we are looking for
• Are you a well-organised and service-oriented person keen to put a smile on the faces around you?
• Do you have, as a minimum, a Belgian Bachelor's degree or a Dutch HBO diploma?
• Are you interested in providing professional services? Do you shine working in an environment that calls for ability, agility and ambition?
• Do you excel at planning and take pride in delivering impeccable documents?
• Are you adept at working with all the elements of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and/or Microsoft 365?
• Are you, like us, accessible, energetic, involved and quality-driven?
• Do you have excellent command of Dutch and English, and - as a bonus asset - solid French skills?
• Are you available 38 hours a week (with a part-time position being negotiable)?
Then we would be thrilled to meet you! AKD will offer you:
An attractive, challenging job with excellent terms of employment. In addition, 22 days of leave (in a full-time position), group insurance, a travel allowance, meal vouchers, and you will be offered the option of participating in a group hospitalisation insurance. We have a personalised training programme of which you are your own director, from day one.
Our aim is to work as a group in the office as much as possible.
An extensive pre-employment screening also forms part of our selection procedure.
AKD Benelux Lawyers is committed to fostering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. Everyone can be themselves and have their talents recognised and appreciated.